Health Insurance Reform - Healthcare Quotes
2014 major parts of the law will be put into place, and your own coverage
may be affected. The ACA will bring more, required benefits to all new
health plans. Quick facts about health care reform.
- Beginning in 2014, most people must have insurance or potentially
pay a penalty - Preventive care (including immunizations) provided
without cost share, including enhanced coverage of women’s preventive
- Coverage will include Essential Health Benefits
- Subsidies and tax credits available for some through the Exchanges
to help cover monthly payments
- No annual or lifetime limits on Essential Health Benefits
- No pre-existing condition exclusions
- Public exchanges (“online Marketplaces” where you can compare/buy a
- Only four criteria determine rates you pay
- Young adults up to age 26 can stay on parents plan
March 2010, Congress passed and the President signed into law the Affordable
Care Act, which puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that
will hold insurance companies more accountable, lower health care costs,
guarantee more health care choices, and enhance the quality of health care
for all Americans.
Whether you get health benefits through work, buy
insurance yourself, have a small business and desire to provide health
coverage to your employees, are on Medicare, or don't currently have
insurance, the Affordable Care Act gives you better control of your own
decisions about your health coverage.
It makes insurance more
affordable right away by providing small businesses with a tax credit to
provide coverage, and in 2014, by providing tax credits to those who need
help in buying insurance - representing the largest middle class tax cut
for health care in history.
The Affordable Care Act is projected to
reduce premium costs for millions of families and small business owners who
are priced out of coverage today. This could help as many as 32 million
Americans who have no health care today receive coverage.
Affordable Care Act is fully implemented, Americans will have access to
affordable health coverage.
Health Care 2014 Things You Should Know
- If you have children under age 26, you can insure them if your
policy allows for dependent coverage. The only exception is if you have
an existing job-based plan, and your children can get their own
- Job-based health plans and new individual plans won't be allowed to
deny or exclude coverage to any child under age 19 based on health
conditions, including babies born with health problems.
- If your employer doesn't offer insurance, you will be able to buy
insurance directly in an Exchange that gives you power similar to what
large businesses and members of Congress have to get better choices and
- If your income is less than the equivalent of about $88,000 for a
family of four today and your job doesn't offer affordable coverage, you
may get tax credits to help pay for insurance.
- Insurance companies won't be able to drop you when you get sick just
because you made a mistake on your coverage application.
- Broward County Insurance Quotes
- Palm Beach County Insurance Quotes
- Miami Dade County Insurance Quotes
Our Insurance Partners
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- United Healthcare
East Coast Financial Group - 2151 NE 44th Ct, Lighthouse
Point, FL 33064.
Office: (954) 870-4008